It’s easy to think of pin-up art as a charming relic of the old boys’ club—images that might line the walls of a Mid-Century smoking room where Don Draper and Roger Sterling slap each other on the back. And the names of the artists that come up over and over again are men: Alberto Vargas, George Petty, and Gil Elvgren. “She was an icon for women in a man’s world, especially when it came to her pin-ups.”
So you might be surprised to learn that, according to pin-up art expert Louis K. Meisel, three of the most talented pin-up painters from the Golden Age, roughly the 1920s to the early 1960s, were women. “Pearl Frush, Joyce Ballantyne, and Zoë Mozert were terrific, as good as any of the men—in fact, better than many of them,” Meisel says.
Mira a dios en el aire, mira a dios en el mar
Yo te doy toda mi vida para oirte cantar
Oye a dios en el viento, prueba a dios en la miel
Dios vive afuera y adentro tambien
- Between infancy and first grade, boys express their emotions more readily than girls. [here]
- Worldwide, boys aren’t any better at math than girls. [here]
- Young men are more emotionally vulnerable to troubles in their relationships than young women are. [here]
- Men are less rational investors than women. [here]
- Men aren’t worse than women at reading emotional cues. [here]
- Men monitor their partners more than women. [here]
- Men are twice as likely as women to commit suicide after divorce. [here]
- In anonymous settings, women are more aggressive than men. [no shit]
Reblogging this because I think it’s super important when it comes to sex and relationships and how as a society we view these things to realize that everything we’ve been taught about “men” and “women” is wrong. Not just the exclusion of trans* identities or the discussion of binarism in regards to intersex and genital differences but also the way we view gender roles and even cis gender identities and biology and behavior. This affects the way people interact in relationships and during sexual conduct and also how we act in our day-to-day lives.
Daft Punk - Horizon (Japan Bonus Track)
The Oxford English Dictionary accepts both pronunciations. They are wrong. It is a soft ‘G,’ pronounced ‘jif.’ End of story.
You are flowers in my stomach.
Cutting me open nightly, blooming through the cracks of the ribs.
I only want to be the sun for you.